Swimming Heat Reservations:
If you're trying to find information about reserving a heat at one of the swim meets being held at Triangle Aquatic Center, you are in the right place.
Please take time to read all the information below as it is very detailed, very specific, very pertinent and will likely answer all your questions. However, should you have any questions after reading it, please contact me (Brad) at 252-341-0974 or, if you prefer a slower response time, you can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Registration for any meet is open the moment it is added to the registration form. While day of registrations may be possible, early registration is highly encouraged. Also note that events such as Age Group Championships (SC and LC), Zones meets and other special meets will book up very quickly, especially highly coveted events, such as IMs and longer fly and breaststroke events.
Pricing (tax not included):
All purchases, regardless of price or package, include the edited digital files.
Single stroke heat: $50
Medley or Relay Event: $95
Multiple Heats with Prints packages:
Option #1 - 3 heats, 17x22 3-image print with name banner, 3 8x10s. $259, save $76
Option #2 - 2 heats, 13x19 3-image print with name banner, 2 8x10s $185, save $40
Option #3 - 1 IM, 13x19 4-image collage, 2 8x10s $185, save $40
What Do You Receive:
Each swimmer will receive a gallery of edited images that can be downloaded and shared - all at full resolution. I cannot give an exact number as a several factors will affect the actual number of images you receive: length of the race, speed of the swimmer and specific stroke are the three biggest. My goal is to make it as hard as possible for you to choose what you want printed due to the fact they are all exceptional!
Heat photography packages are designed to give your swimmer maximum coverage and save you money on my most popular print sizes. They also allow me to control printing and coloring, ensuring your prints look as good on paper as they do on your computer screen.
Tips for Choosing Your Swimmer's Heats:
1. Longer is ALWAYS better. You get more images and I have more time to get those images. What's the absolute best event? The 400 IM. 200s are also exceptional for multiple pictures from different angles.
2. Shooting a 50 in a SHORT COURSE setting for anyone older than 10 is generally a bad idea with the exception of the breast stroke. These races are sprints and, therefore, fast with lots of splashing. Fast speeds and water droplets everywhere wreak havoc on a camera's AF system and I generally cannot move fast enough to go from one end of the pool to the other.
3. If you are wanting the fly image with your swimmer's are outstretched, long course is the time to get that shot. While it can be done in short course, I cannot and will not guarantee that it is possible.
4.Yes, I shoot Finals and those images are always best as they are in one pool under controlled lighting. Registration for Finals begins the second the main event ends. You'll just need to denote it as a "FINALS" event.
5. Lanes can make a difference. Ask any parent who has talked with me before and they will tell you that I am honest about lanes and whether they are good or not for a certain stroke.
6. Lastly, I am very good at what I do. If I mess up, which is rare, you get a refund. If I miss your swimmer's heat, which is rare, you get a refund (or replacement). About 50% of my registrations are repeat customers and customers whose swimmers I will shoot multiple times in season. You don't earn repeat business by being mediocre at your job.
How to Register:
1. Review the gallery of images. These are real images taken at TAC during swim meets and decide if they are the type of images you want. I shoot tightly and crop tighter. I want the focus of each image to be on your swimmer.
2. Complete the registration form found HERE. Registration is FIRST COME, FIRST SERVE so it is recommended that you register early to ensure you get your heat choices. This form provides me the information I need to make sure I am photographing the correct swimmer in the exact heat/s you want photographed. Please be sure you read the General Conditions paragraph at the top of the registration form. Once you have completed the form, pay attention to your email. If there is a conflict with one of your heats, I will email you. If there is no conflict, I will invoice you.
3. Pay for the heat/s. With current COVID restrictions in place, I am invoicing all clients prior to the start of the swim meet or as your registration comes in. Registrations completed and verified available will be invoiced up to 48 hours prior to the MEET start to keep you from having to wait in line. Please be patient and expect to wait in line as I expect my team and I will be quite busy.
Payment for any heat/s must be made prior to the heat starting.
After You Register
1. You will receive a confirmation email from Blended Light Photography within minutes of submitting your registration. If you do not, check your spam folder.
2. The confirmation email will show the information you provided during registration, including your personal password.
3. It takes approximately 1 week to cull, edit and post the images. Once they are done, you will receive a link to the gallery with detailed instructions on how to download, share and order prints.
After the meet
How/when you get your images: It takes me a few days to sort and edit the images post-meet. The image galleries are typically posted within 1 week after the event. Images are available for one month from the date they are posted.
If you purchase a print package, you will need to email me the image numbers of the images you want. Image numbers are in the format of "first name-xxx". Please let me know what you want as your large print and what you want as your 8x10s.
Take time to follow me on Facebook (Blended Light Photography) or on Instagram (@bradipock).
Galleries will be password-protected with the swimmers last name.
To access your images: This step MUST be done from a laptop or desktop - it CANNOT be done on a phone. Find your swimmer's gallery and enter the password to access the gallery. Click the "Download Gallery" button in the upper right and enter your email address twice. The images will be zipped and sent to you in an email with a folder of the images in a couple minutes. Once you open the zip file, you can save the images to your computer. It is important to make sure you make a backup copy via SD card, USB, other hard drive and so on. While I make all efforts to hold on to the completed images for, well, forever, I cannot guarantee they will always be available. Feel free to share with family and friends via social media - and be kind and tag me when you share them.
Ordering prints: Print pricing can be found HERE. Prints make a great way to preserve these memories for the long term. All prints ordered through me are professionally printed on archival paper and color corrected to match the file. In 15 years of business, I have never received a complaint about the quality of print my clients have received (and that's alot of prints).
That said, I cannot say the same about clients who have had my work printed elsewhere. Besides poor paper and ink quality, color matching and accurate reproduction are far more troubling. While you are welcome to order from someone other than me, I CANNOT guarantee the level of product quality or color reproduction of any prints not ordered through me.
9225 Ashton Glen Drive, Zebulon, NC 27597 - (252) 341-0974 - Call Today